Tuesday, June 21, 2011

warning, bitch alert

Just want to let you know that this post will be full of bitching and moaning. Lots of it. I woke up this morning...and my heel hurt worse than yesterday. FML. While laid in bed and  hemmed and hawed about what to do for like 30 minutes, I checked my email on my phone and was excited that the donations I mailed in last week were posted to my team in training account! Yes! Oh wait, they got a bunch of people's names wrong. I guess they can't put a couples name? Like Jane and John Doe? So while on my form I put Jane Doe and John Doe, MD. for multiple couples (insert normal name) Jane Doe, MD was what turned up on my website. Awesome way to start the day. The best part is that I don't think I can change it. Because I've already contacted them about changing other names to add MD/DO after it and they pretty much ignored me. After this crap I decided to ignore my heel pain and go on a short run anyway, I could always come back if it hurt worse. The weird thing was that running didn't make it hurt! It actually stretched it out a bit and made it feel better. I kept it short anyway just in case. 


Yesterday afternoon I made myself my very first iced coffee and it was great! Today I decided to make another one to enjoy at work. Unfortunately, last night I decided to do a 2-hour crest white strip and this morning (and still right now) my teeth hurt! In the past I have had very mild sensitivity after but nothing like this! I feel like I have been making faces all day because of how sensitive my teeth feel! Plus, the golf-ball rolling that helped my foot a little yesterday did nothing today and I've been super pissed about that too. 


I feel like I couldn't even fully enjoy my snack because of my teeth. I had to bite the pretzels funny (well, I felt like I did) and I ended up throwing the carrots away because they were old and weren't tasty. 


I had a weight watchers PB and chocolate chip bar after my pretzels and hummus and had to eat that gently too! Ugh!

When I got home from work, I decided to go ahead and make some cookies for my bake sale friday and then instead of baking the dough, put it in the freezer, Then on thursday I can just pop them in the oven! 



The dough was super delish, it has ground up oatmeal in it, I'll post the recipe later when I'm not feeling like a cry-baby bitch. 


Earlier this morning when I got back from my run and I didn't notice my teeth hurting and my heel felt normal, I put a lemon pepper pork tenderloin in the crock pot on top of about half of a chopped red cabbage and a can of veg broth. It slowly cooked all day (duh) and when I got home, it was falling apart. But I just wasn't feeling it. I made myself a big salad. I don't know what the deal was (probably partly because of my painful teeth), but it just didn't taste right. The HB egg and some of the diced veggies were from the salad I made sunday, but that's only two days ago and it should taste fine. But it didn't I ate the cheese and crackers and threw the salad out. Then I had two chocolate chip cookies. I only baked 4. 
I feel like I was a huge grump all day. One of those days where it makes you mad at yourself that you take normal days that aren't good but aren't bad either for granted. 

I don't know what to do now. I feel like I should ice my heel. But yesterday that made it more stiff and feel more painful. I think I might put a hot pack on it. That just sounds like something that will make it feel better and help it stretch. Ugh, stretching is another problem! I am pretty flexible so stretching is hard for me sometimes! Its like I pull my toes up as high as I can with my hands or a belt or whatever and still don't feel a stretch on the bottom of my foot. 

I think the reason this foot pain is such a big deal to me is that Team  in Training is pretty much the only thing in my life right now that makes me feel like I am doing something useful for someone. My job is a joke. Yes, those charts need to be checked, but anyone could do it. My college degree and intelligence level (I don't care that I sound like I'm up in an ivory tower) are useless here. Half marathon training gives me goals and fundraising gives me purpose. So basically I'm scared to say I can't do it right now. But maybe I'll wakeup tomorrow and my foot will feel better and I won't have to?

Good new is that the new Stephanie Plum came today! For some reason, with the past couple books I have ordered them to be delivered on the day they come out, but then I don't get around to reading them until like 4-6 months later. I'm thinking of starting it now! Since I probably should not run tomorrow to rest my foot I can stay up later reading! Though the thought of not running until Saturday makes me nervous because I feel like I need to get out there and get my lungs in shape! 


The book even came with these cool stickers! I am always torn between who I like better, I go back and forth...


As I was facebook creeping while blogging, I found this on a friends' status and it hit so close to home: 


You must give up the life you planned in order to have the life that is waiting for you.


I feel like today was definitely the kind of day where I forget this kind of information. The truth is that everything will work out exactly as it should. If for some reason I can't get my foot to feel better and can't keep running then I am obviously not supposed to be running. Everything will work out. Awesome things are in my future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...