Tuesday, June 14, 2011

sometimes we need rest

As I mentioned in my Sunday Set Up yesterday, my plan was to do a long run this morning. My alarm went off this morning and I was just not feeling it. I felt like an extra hour of sleep would be much more beneficial to me than a run...and I was right. I felt much better after that extra hour and felt more awake through the day. It wasn't just a feeling lazy, not in the mood decision. It was because I have learned that the only time I ever get sick is when I don't get 8-7 hours of sleep on a regular basis and I didn't want to risk it. I love when I make good decision and I think that my run tomorrow morning will be much better with this extra rest day. Plus it makes me look forward to it more.

Breakfast was a smoothie

  • 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
  • 1 T flax meal
  • 1T wheat germ
  • 1tsp chia seeds
  • 1/2 c soy milk
  • spinach
  • banana
  • frozen strawberries
  • frozen blueberries 
Yum yum yum! Usually in the morning I drink about 3/4-2/3 of the smoothie and pour the rest for my mom to have. But she had already left and I didn't know so I got it all! I decided to drink it slowly and take it to work. Because of this amazing decision I didn't need a morning snack since I didn't finish my smoothie until like 930am. 

I like eating lunch at my desk because I can mess around on the computer, but I was soo cold today I had to go out to my car and enjoy the heat. I listened to HP5 on audiobook, I was at the part where they are in the Order HQ, cleaning out the room with the doxies. 



In addition to my PBJ, pirates booty, carrots and grapes, I also enjoyed a prune with lunch. Don't judge, they are delish! 


Snack time rolled around and I enjoyed some pretzels and the best hummus in the history of the world and some fresh berries. 


Best raspberries ever! I am sad they are all gone. 


For dinner I decided to take the leftover mexican rice from yesterday and add some ground beef. I stopped at the store on the way home and they had half price frappuccinos! I can't say no to that! Soy SF Caramel please! 


While waiting for dinner to "cook" I enjoyed the rest of my frappuccino and some more pirates booty. I'm getting addicted to that crack stuff.  I ate my mexican rice on top of two more lentil tacos. Man those tacos are good! For dessert I enjoyed a s'more. 

Later I went out to investigate if anything new was in the garden and I found two zucchinis! I'm excited for all the stuff growing, but realized that I need to eat the swiss chard soon, before the leaves get too big and tough, so I need to figure out how to incorporate that into my menu this week! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...