Thursday, June 2, 2011

scooped out bagels, just like a celebrity

On Wednesday, when morning snack time rolled around (yes I am 5 and need regular snacks), I reached into my snack bag only to find no bars! Dilemma! Though I know that bagels are Weight Watchers Points Plus Values costly, I didn't care. I had tried the scooped out bagel trick once before (the crunchy part is my fave anyway) with much success and decided to do it again. 


Loved it! I honestly didn't even really notice a difference that if the inside hadn't been scooped out. It was just the right amount of bagel. Plus it was only $1.13 at the cafe. 


Shortly after I finished enjoying my bagel, some handyman guys showed up with fancy new pictures to hang! I love nature pictures. Though the ones in the bottom picture are my favorite and I don't see them when I just look up from my desk, I still greatly appreciate the beauty!



After my disappointing salad on Tuesday I felt that the good old standard PBJ was in order. I made it on a sandwich thin to save a couple PPV's and though it was still good, regular bread is worth the extra 2 PPV's. 

I did not eat the yogurt. I don't like figs. Gross. I bought this yogurt last week and remember thinking figs sounded exotic and didn't think I had had them before. Then yesterday I took off the lid and the fumes hit me. Smelled just like a Fig Newton and then I remembered how I feel about those things. I tried to be a good person and stir it up and eat it anyway. No bueno. I took like 2 mini bites and was off to the trash in the kitchen. 


For dinner, I made one of my favorite whole grain waffle recipes. In the past I made it using the original recipe from allrecipes.com, but I wanted to make it even healthier. Here is my version: 

2 eggs
1 3/4 c. unsweetened almond milk
1/2 c. apple sauce (I just used one of the little cups with the foil lid)
splash vanilla
1 c. wheat flour
1/2 c. flax meal
1/4 c. wheat germ
1/4 c. oat bran (basically just ground oatmeal) 
4 tsp. baking powder
1 tbsp. brown sugar
1/4 tsp. salt 

I throw it all in a bowl and whisk it together then let it sit on the counter while the waffle iron heats up. The waffles were extra fluffy today and I think the oat bran is the trick. I think it absorbed some of the almond milk. 




The batter was very think and did not run around all over the place. 


After the first one was done, I ripped off Mickey's ear to test it out. 


My parents were recently in Michigan and bought some fresh maple syrup from a different place than usual. The bottle says you can store it in the freezer, it won't freeze, just get thick. Liar. It was a rock. I thawed it with a hot water spa. I was afraid the microwave would melt the container...


I've got my toppings all ready! 


So thick and fluffy! 


Smiley kitchen helper. 


I have actually never put Nutella on my waffles before, I usually stick with just PB, but though it'd be a good day to experiment. I also fixed some turkey sausage links to complete the breakfast-for-diiner experience. 


After dinner and some lounging about, I made my lunch for Thursday. Pasta topped with leftover turkey meatballs. 


I then topped the pasta and meatballs with spinach, red bell peppers and red sauce. 



After dinner I finished re-doing the envelopes for my TNT fundraising letters to give to the physicians my mom works with. I love saying "done"!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...