Monday, June 20, 2011

lots of fried food means extra weight loss

Ah rest day, how I love thee! I love "sleeping in" on sundays, but now that I try to get up by 6am most days to run, I naturally wake up pretty early now. I just woke up naturally around 5:15 and then Sam noticed I was awake and got all excited for breakfast, so I got up and fed the dogs and let them in and out a couple times then went back to bed until around 8:30.

For breakfast I made an amazing smoothie and wanted to profess my love of it to the world. 


I also enjoyed a toasted jalapeno cheese biscuit with butter and jam alongside my smoothie. 

A little bit later, mostly out of boredom, I had some angel food cake. I didn't really want it that much, but I kept walking through the kitchen on the way from my computer out to the garden to move the sprinkler and back again and it was on the counter staring me in the face. Ate my eyes creepy enough for you?


Then I noticed this 4-shot fancy button on my photobooth and tested it out for you. 


Before I went to Weight Watchers, I had a snack of a PB/nutella banana nut vita muffin. Yum! I think I may be slightly obsessed with PB and nutella, no?



After Weight Watchers (I lost 1.6lbs even though I pigged out at Red Lobster on Friday! Yes!) I stopped by Stein Mart (right next door) to look for a new purse. Of course they had nothing cute. I don't know why I go there. Everything seems tacky. 

When I got home I was pretty much hungry dinner, regardless of the fact that it was 3:30pm. I decided to  start making my bean burgers anyway. They took a little while to make only because you have to carmelize onions to mix in and then the burgers have to brown on the stove and then bake in the oven for 15 minutes. TOTALLY WORTH IT! These babies were amazing and super easy! 



I topped mine with a laughing cow cheese and some kale pesto. Perfect! 



This is the cookbook I got the recipe from. I can't wait to try every burger in it. 


I was too lazy to type out the recipe. You're supposed to roast the garlic cloves in the oven, but I just chopped them and tossed them in the pan with the onions. Put half of your beans, and then the onions, egg, sage and olives (I skipped this b/c I didn't have any) into a food processor and go to town. Then mix the food processor mush with the remaining beans in a bowl. Then add bread crumbs until it starts to pull from the side of the bowl. THe dough will be wet. Form into patties, aka blobs and cook on EVOO on the stove 6-10 minutes until browned. Then pop the pan (make sure it's oven safe!) into the oven at 375 to finish cooking for about 15 minutes. When you take them out of the oven, try not to eat too much of the patties or else you won't have any left for dinner. 


So it was around the time I started making my bean burgers that my heel pain started. So random right? It actually hurt quite a bit, it felt as though I had stepped hard on something and my heel was bruised. Truth be told, though I love my birkenstocks, they are not that comfortable for long periods of time. The sole on them is quite hard and makes my heels and arches hurt sometimes after a long wearing. Since I wore them all day Saturday and Sunday I chalked it up to this. I told my mom, she mentioned plantar faciatis and I blew her off. I thought that was more under the arch of your foot. Plus it is something serious and I don't want that. 

A couple hours later and some google research, I realized my mom was right! Instant panic attack. I can't have foot problems, I just figured out my knee stuff! I'm halfway to my fundraising goal for Team in Training, I can't quit now. I stretched my foot and iced it, went to bed and hoped for the best. 

Food Journal
B: smoothie, cheese biscuit
S: angel food cake, brownie bite
L: pirate booty, PB/nutella muffin top
D: bean burger and sweet potato fries
Dessert: leftover fro-yo from friday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...