Monday, May 23, 2011

weight watchers check in and couponing

Sunday started out earlier than I would have liked. Mom and I needed to go grocery shopping, but she had a hair appointment at noon, so we had to get down to business! Saturday night mom and I watched part of an episode of Extreme Couponing and got hooked! We watched like 5 episodes and I went through my coupons to see what we could use the next day. After going through the coupons in the Sunday paper in the morning, we hit Target, my favorite place to grocery shop (besides whole foods). We were kind of in a rush but saved $35 in coupons! 

After Target, I enjoyed a delish veggie, hummus and bean wrap before heading to my Weight Watcher's meeting in the afternoon. I was quite disappointed that I did not lose any weight this week. But I think part of that is because I use all of my extra weekly points and many of the activity points I earn from running. This week, I am not going to count or use my activity points. The topic was exercise and earning activity points and we talked about various excuses people use. Honestly I was so bummed that I didn't even lose a fraction of a pound that I wasn't pumped up about the meeting. Afterwards, I took advantage of the 50% off sale on many of the snack items and loaded up! They are all super delicious! The chocolate caramel bars taste like real dessert! 




I've decided that I want to cut way back on diet soda and artificial sweeteners in general. I don't feel good after I have them and they aren't good for me. To satisfy my carbonation tooth, I got some La Croix sparkling water after my WW meeting. It is pretty good! 



After leftover pork sandwiches and sweet potato fries for dinner, I took a crazy long nap and didn't get up until like 8pm. Then I packed my lunch for today. I decided to load up on more "bars" at work. I love having a variety to choose from! 


I decided a chocolate smoothie bowl was a delicious end to the day and a good excuse to test out my new PB2 powder! 

1 frozen banana
handful spinach
1 scoop chocolate protein powder
1 tsp cocoa powder
1/8 tsp xantham gum
1 Tbsp PB2 
1/2 soy milk 



It looks weird to see PB in powder form, but it taste great!


I enjoyed a spoonful of nutella while making my smoothie..



Although it looks gross because of the spinach, it taste like chocolate deliciousness!

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...