Tuesday, May 24, 2011

tornado "warning"

OMG tornado! For some reason I just can never seem to get riled up when one is headed my way. No matter how bad the storm seems to to be, it always splits in half just before hitting my area and the clouds either go north or south, but never right over. I am definitely grateful for this!

I decided to start this morning with a coffee smoothie. I had made one in the past and it was delicious, but unfortunately this one was a bust. 

1 packet nestle instant coffee
1 scoop chocolate protein powder
1 tsp cocoa powder
1/2 tbsp PB2 
1 handful spinach
1/2 banana
strawberries
1/4 c. coffee
1/4 c. water 




I thought the coffee would make it extra coffee flavored. But I was wrong. Something caused separation. When I poured it into my smoothie cup, all of a sudden, the fluffy smoothieness was floating on about an inch of water on the bottom. What the heck? I poured it all back into the blender, added more strawberries, another half banana and some xantham gum. This did help to thicken it up a bit but it was still weird. Plus my blender blades are messed up and don't mix everything if the liquid level is too high. You can see the swirly colors in the pictures...



Even though the smoothie should have been just as satisfying as usual, since it was the same amount, it was not. I instantly wanted something else. I held off until mid-morning when I busted out my second Iron Girl bar. Today I tested out the cocoa crunch flavor and it was just as good as the cranberry strawberry one from yesterday. I could probably use it for a dessert bar in the future, it was just chocolatey enough, but not too chocolatey so it could be enjoyed any time of day. 



For lunch I went to the cafeteria for the salad bar. Goodness it was ransacked! I went around 12:15. Usually when I go to the caf on fridays it's around 11:30, so everything is nice and pretty. It looked like wild animals had scavenged all the good stuff. But I still managed to scrounge up enough for a delish lunch. I munched while googling TNT fundraising letters. I seriously need to get this sent out! 


A Weight Watchers peanutbutter and chocolate bar was dessert =). 



Later I had a cheese stick and some pretzels and hummus. For dinner I busted out some brown rice and a frozen PF Chang's beef and broccoli. It was not as good as I remembered them being, the beef tasted rubbery and there was just plain too much sauce. I wouldn't been happy with clean veggie stir-fry!

I had been watching the weather while fixing dinner, but once I was ready I switched to HP1 on blu-ray. Since the storm wasn't going to hit Tulsa for like 2 more hours I didn't feel it necessary to stay glued to the news for the entire evening. After dinner, it was time for my TNT social media webinar! I was excited because I am ready to get my fundraising started on facebook and wanted some tips. The session was helpful, but not as much so as the previous one. I took some notes and then got back to the news, the storm was hitting by that time. Literally all that happened was heavy rain for 5 minutes and that was it. I know that many other areas were hit hard and my thoughts are with the people who have lost their homes. I cannot imagine what that would be like. What would the next step be? I hope I never have to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...