Tuesday, May 17, 2011

first group training run!

Saturday morning at 8am was our first group run. We met at the Riverparks at 19th street. After more introductions (there were many people who didn't get a chance to come to the kickoff party) and a training session we hit the pavement. Just 2 miles at a conversational pace. Many of the runners had already done a couple miles before our group run, but I just stuck with the basics =). I'm not gonna lie, I might've taken a couple short walk breaks, but I'm still working on getting up to a basic 5K milage after my knee injury and hiatus. I left feeling good and ready to get started on my training schedule! We finished around 9am. Actually I ended up getting sooo much accomplished that day from being up so early, it was great!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...