Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Sunday Eats


Breakfast on Sunday was a green smoothie (spinach, banana, almond milk, frozen peaches, frozen strawberries and xantham gum to thicken it) and my new favorite cereal Honey Bunnies (with Silk of course)! It is so good! It tastes like Honey Nut Cheerios, but it doesn't get soggy as quickly. 


For lunch I had a toasted PB &J, but I got too hungry waiting for the sandwich to toast so I snacked on some cheese and crackers. I love Laughing Cow cheese sooo much and the garlic and herb flavor is superb! I've also tried the onion flavor and I don't like it as much as the garlic and herb. It is so fun to have individual portions of spreadable cheese. 


 Kashi's version of Triscuits are perhaps my favorite kind of cracker. I love all crackers in general, but theese are the best of the best. They are full of whole grain goodness and I actually feel like I ate something substantial after having them as opposed to something like Ritz and Club crackers which you can eat like 20 of and feel like you ate nothing at all....and not in a good way. 


Toasted PB&J (smuckers natural pb and strawberry spread) on cinnamon-raisin bread from Farrell's Family Organic Bakery near my house. 


Even though I was full from lunch, I decided to have a small piece of the apple pie my mom had made that morning. The crust was from scratch with butter AND shortening, the filling was canned apple pie filling, but my mom and I rinsed off most of the sugary gross goop and then just tossed the apple slices with some lemon juice and zest. The best part was that b/c the filling wasn't goopy, it didn't run all over the place when you slice into the pie and the bottom crust didn't get soggy. Yum! 


While eating my pie I started watching Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution  and immediately felt like I needed some carrots to balance out the pie....


Dinner was a colorful salad with mushrooms, yellow bell, beets, broccoli and honey mustard dressing. When I went to the store to get salad stuff, the had tiny butternut squash and I got so excited! I love squash but hate buying them when they are ginormous because it will never all get eaten. I sliced it in half, baked it and then topped my portion w/ agave nectar and some pumpkin pie spice which made it taste just like pumpkin pie. My dad grilled some Buffalo Sausages that we got from Seigi's Sausage Factory. It's this huge butcher shop and deli and recently they moved locations and now also have a German restaurant in-house. We ate there Saturday and it was literally some of the best food I have ever eaten! 


After dinner, I had another small piece of pie, a handful of PB M&M's and the last two chunks of Toblerone we got at Siegi's (they also have a little market where they sell european/german food). I felt sooo good after my light and healthy dinner and then I felt kind of gross and got a headache from all the sugar afterwards. In retrospect I think I actually ate pretty healthily but I wish I had more control over my sugar cravings....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...