Saturday, October 9, 2010

25 minutes!

So a long time ago I got the Couch-to-5K app for my iphone. I mean months ago, maybe even a year ago. I'd started working on the app and liked it. You can play regular music while you run and then the app tells you when you should be running or walking for interval training. It's great...but I'm lazy. I'd do it for a couple days and then get busy and it'd be a week or more before I could do it again.

It was so difficult for me when I first started. Running for just a couple minutes at a time was physically challenging for me, though I hate to admit it. But lately I've gotten seriously back into it. Over the summer I bough the Nike+ chip and a holder for my shoe and I think that has really made the difference with me sticking to this training. It is so inspiring to be able to see exactly how far/fast you ran and then compare all your data online. Plus they have audio inspiration clips they play when you improve your numbers! So fun!

Today, I ran for a full 25 minutes! Straight! I was sooo proud of myself. There were so many times I wanted to stop, but I just kept saying after I got so much farther or run so many more minutes and then after saying that enough I finished without actually having to stop! Plus it was super gorgeous outside! About 70 degrees with a light breeze. Plus some of the trees are starting to change which makes it even more beautiful!

I want to run again tomorrow and do it again, but I have 3 exams and a quiz next week and I like to run at a park that is like 18 min away, so it would take a good chuck out of my day to go, run, and come back.



5 minute warmup, then 25 minutes running. Yep, I did that! (6.3, 7.1, 7.2 and 7.3 are all the same. I think to get your body conditioned at this distance before increasing the speed. 8.1 is up to 28 minutes of running)


After finishing the app, I kept walking for about 10 more minutes, it was such a gorgeous day out! My goal is to run a half-marathon in the beginning of April, so every additional minute helps I think!


I love how it keeps track of my route! You can even click on "pace" and it shows your route in colors where green is a good time and then progresses to red, which is slow for you.

I am really proud of myself that I have kept up with this and can run a decent distance now! I keep saying that but I am not good with challenging myself so this is a big deal for me! I have always been intrigued by people who are "runners" and maybe soon I can call myself one too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...