Thursday, July 9, 2009

watercolor flowers.

I cannot believe how fast summer if flying by! Two weeks and one day and I'll be back in Tulsa! I've enjoyed being in OKC and having my own apartment again, but I miss ttown. I miss my dogs and my garden and my fam, but mostly my wonderful bed. One of the few things I'll miss about being in OKC is how my room I have in by bedroom for crafting! With a dorm size twin bed, I have plenty of floor space to spread out all things necessary for painting and crafting, but in Tulsa I do not have that luxury. Maybe I'll have to spread out a tarp or shower curtian on my bed and just paint on there! (I just thought of that!)

I left lab kind of early yesterday and rather than be productive when I got home, I decided to watch gilmore girls and paint. I was halfway through my third episode when I decided I wanted a nap. I didnt wake up until 8:30! I so did not need a 3 hour nap. I ended up painting until midnight and then reading until about 3am. I decided to experiment more with watercolors and am so glad I did! I think the paintings I did last night are some of my most favorite paintings ever! I always though watercolors were always just pastel and bland, but i guess that just depends on technique!




Every artist dips his brush in his own soul, and paints his own nature onto his pictures.
--Henry Ward Beecher




3 comments:

  1. you make me want to paint with watercolors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. they arent hard to take care of at all. you basically just water once a week and trim back after blooming!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...